Friday, January 13, 2012

Where it all began

I posted this on my the Ascape facebook group on January 13 2012: "I am having the beginning of a very large, very very awesome idea forming in my head and I want to know if I am the only person thinking about this... What does everyone think of a self-sustaining eco-village for autistic spectrum individuals (and their nearest families) that allows for an alternative solution to institutionalisation, conventional employment and heavy psychiatric intervention. We can grow our own veg, generate our own power, manage our own waste and still have most of the usual digital comforts (I've been reading up on this lately). If needed we could have a village therapy team who lived there full time and formed part of the community and our own school for children with alternative learning needs. I know this will probably take the contribution and cooperation of dozens (if not hundreds of people) and possibly some form of financial backing (grant/gift/beg steal borrow) and many years to plan and execute, but I feel strongly that this is a important idea, and someone should be thinking about it other than just me."


I immediately started gettng responses, and that is how I decided to begin probably the most foolhardy venture of my life so far : The Diversity Eco Village Project for Western Cape.


Lets see how this all goes!

Love

Christel

No comments:

Post a Comment