Friday, January 20, 2012

Still here.

It's been a while now since the first blog, and I imagine some of you had begun to wonder if this whole Diversity Village thing was just one of those new exercise bicycles I bought for myself the week after New Year that has been gathering dust ever since.

Not quite.

Truthfully, I've been getting my workout elsewhere (to continue the metaphor)  - right now I'm spending some quality time getting my crazy life in order, and focusing on mastering the skill of survival in a more hands on fashion than reading blogposts about Organic farming on the Internet. Unfortunately this doesn't leave me much time to hammer out motivational posts about the remarkably important idea that is Diversity Village.

I'm still positive that with time this idea will grow, and find the support it needs to become a reality, and with that in mind I would strongly encourage you all to participate in the process by taking some time to engage in a conversation with me or other likeminded people about how you think you would like the village to look, what you think you could contribute, and who else we should be talking to in terms of getting the ball rolling.

The fact is, if you want to see this dream become a reality, you will have to actively take a portion of your week, month or year to help make it happen. This is what I am doing already. If all you can afford to contribute is advice or ideas, realise that this too is valuable and don't feel afraid to speak your mind. However in the end it will require actual people offline that are willing to sacrifice of themselves to do the work on this project to get over the initial hump of getting this thing running, and perhaps you want to begin to think about whether you would be willing to be one of those people.

If you are interested, please comment on the blog below or email me at cbreedt at gmail dot com.

Have a nice day now!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment